The need to adhere to the best drug rehab marketing strategies in the USA is now more than ever. Research suggests that millions of Americans (both young & adults) fall into the pitfall of substance abuse at least once in their lifetime!
The only way to overcome this growing malice is to counter it by educating the masses and providing them with successful addiction treatment therapies. So the responsibility falls on the rehabilitation centers and substance abuse professionals to resort to the best addiction treatment marketing practices that not only allow them to reach a wider audience but also help them stand out from the competing addiction treatment market!
That being said, most rehab centers suffer at the hand of low admissions, dropping conversion rates, and decreased traffic.
This could be because of patients’ lack of trust, and understanding, insurance issues, or even cost issues. We have compiled a thorough list of strategies that you can follow to grow your business!
Get Started For FREE
1. Follow These 10 Steps To Increase Search Engine Visibility of Your Drug Rehabs
The first thing any treatment center marketing requires is for you to increase your search engine visibility for your practice. The sole reason behind this marketing strategy is that the majority of people only trust and click the first three to four links when searching for anything on Google.
Adhering to the following marketing strategies can increase your chances to rank in the top searches.
- Local SEO for drug rehab marketing is extremely important as many rehab centers are operational at a state level, so ranking on local keywords can help you get more admissions.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create a phenomenal Google My Business Profile so that the people looking for a drug rehabilitation center near their homes can find you faster. And while you do so, make sure to create a complete business profile with images and add reviews so that people can trust you.
- Optimize your website and mobile application to ensure user-friendliness. This means using spectacular visuals, easy navigation (UI/UX), simple yet informative content & a quick loading speed.
- Optimize the voice searchability of your website by creating content that is focused on conversational keywords and most-asked questions by drug addicts or someone seeking help for their loved ones.
- Work on NAP (Name, Address & Phone numbers) & citation consistency by updating your information on business listings and digital platforms.
- To really boost your SEO, you will need backlinks. You can either use the guest posting method or HARO for creating valuable backlinks.
- Use relevant visuals (images, videos, etc.) for your website’s landing page, blog posts, and other website pages. Note that Google is known to rank your website better if you have good, informative visuals to offer.
- Create informative and engaging content for the visiting audience! This includes CTAs, metadata & title tags too!
- Work on insurance pages by utilizing keywords related to healthcare insurance plans that cover drug rehabs.
- Increasing your brand awareness can have a huge positive impact, and if you are just starting your rehab center, this can boost your traffic, and generate quality leads. Although there are many tools in the market that you can use to increase your brand awareness, one of the cost-effective ones include Taboola.
Need help with something? Hire a healthcare digital marketing agency to do your Rehab Center Marketing!
2. 5 Remarkable Content Marketing Tactics That Make You Noticeable
The second, and most important drug rehab marketing strategy is content marketing. If you look at the bigger picture, you will notice that all of these marketing techniques are interlinked, and one won’t work without the other.
That being said, note that content is something that needs constant upgrading & evolving. And the only way your content will rank or reach millions of users is if it’s valuable!
Here’s the ultimate content creation guide you’ll need:
- To create educational, informational & engaging content you must first decide who is your target audience and what your rehabilitation center offers them that no one else does! You can also call this your USP (unique selling point).
- Your website should be regular in producing blog posts & articles regarding substance abuse, its treatment, and recovery that you can also share on your social media accounts. Remember that drug abusers or people who are on the same path tend to use the internet to find answers, and you can utilize these searches to create content they can benefit from.
- Create power pages (pages that are meant to rank on Google), try to gain more editorial links & make sure to follow a funnel-based content approach while writing anything!
- Write content with the intent of spreading awareness, educating & inspiring your potential patients about drug abuse & its treatment/possible therapies, recovery tools/methods, etc.
- While writing content for your rehab ads make sure to not appear sales-y as this is a sensitive topic. This means when you write your CTAs, be considerate & thoughtful.
How to Hit the Goldmine While Marketing Your Rehab Center
- Focus and target drug-related medium-tailed keywords.
- Use infographics, images, videos, gifs, etc. in your content.
- Use statistics from famous drug-related websites or healthcare organizations.
- Link back to research studies, books, research papers, etc.
- Be creative with your content, the longer they stay, the better.
- Create foundational content (drug abuse content that you can use on all your digital platforms)
- Become an online resource that people trust & believe.
- Don’t rely on just blog posts, expand your resources to podcasts, seminars, & social media.
Seems like a lot of work, right? Why not hire a healthcare digital marketing agency to do the content marketing for you?
3. Build Your Brand & Community With Social Media Outreach
The third drug rehab marketing strategy is reaching millions through social media platforms with the help of phenomenal content that you have created. The reason behind this strategy is that the age group you are targeting for drug abuse is the one that does not care to take their eyes off of their cell phones.
Through social media marketing, you need to turn your business into a brand, and once you do that your rehab center will have the power, authority, and credibility to answer the questions your patients might have or the information on the treatments they’re looking for.
Social media marketing also provides you with a great way to drive traffic to your website once you have gained enough likes & followers, and you can do all this with just a few simple steps.
- Build on your USP (unique selling point).
- Try to offer effective treatments/solutions that drug abusers can instantly work with.
- Share your success stories with people to inspire them.
- Create likable and shareable stuff utilizing visual marketing techniques.
- Work with renowned healthcare organizations to tap into their audience.
- Arrange drug abuse awareness campaigns.
- Run rehab ads on Instagram, Facebook & Google.
4. Tap Into Quality Leads With PPC
Pay-per-click services are always considered to be expensive while approaching rehab center marketing, but you need to be aware of the fact that PPC will only cost you if your potential consumer clicks on your ads.
Think about this, if a consumer is attracted by your ad, and decides to click on it, your landing page has the power to turn this consumer into a successful conversion.
Note: Must have a killer landing page!
If your treatment center is fairly new, PPC service can prove to be a great drug rehab marketing strategy to drive traffic and help you get noticed. Besides this, PPC allows you to reach out to an extremely targeted audience which means the chances of conversions here, are high.
BONUS TIP: If you lack the resources to invest in PPC, you can use Facebook ads as an alternative. Facebook ads can be pretty effective for your drug rehab marketing as the number of users on this platform is ginormous and the analytical insights can really work in your favor.
5. Keep Them Occupied With Email Marketing
If you want a direct dialogue with your potential or past patients, there’s no better way than email marketing. It not only allows you to stay in contact with them but is also a cost-effective solution for drug rehab advertising by which you can update & inform your patients about treatments/therapies and/or schedules.
Do note that when a potential patient visits your website, it should offer them something in exchange for their email id. This could be a free online resource, a free session, or discounted medication as well.
6. Leave No Stone Unturned! Try Traditional Marketing!
Even if most of the drug/substance abusers are young to middle-aged people, there’s still a chance that there are some people you can only reach through traditional marketing means. So to target such an audience you need to market in places where they might have access to your pamphlets, brochures, etc.
7. Ensure Capture & Conversion
It’s no news that millennials spend most of their time scrolling through short video content on Instagram and TikTok. The thing is that these videos are easier to watch and comprehend, which is why there is no way that your drug rehab center can survive without them.
Your video outreach can contain a number of things to connect with your audience and keep them engaged. This can include informational tidbits, behind the scene videos, a tour of your facility, an introduction of your staff, and much more.
Another great way to provide proof of your positive drug recovery treatment would be to share video testimonials of your patients who have benefited from your methods & are willing to testify for you.
Looking for more visual content ideas? Click here to get some brilliant insights!
Feedback & Reviews
Statistics suggest that 93% of consumers check online reviews/comments before they purchase a product or a service. This implies that whatever drug rehab services you offer, make sure that you ask your patients to leave a review once their treatment comes to an end.
Do note that these reviews don’t have to come from your patient’s original names as there’s still a stigma attached to drug abuse and seeking out its treatment. So this can be done using a pseudonym. You can also conduct a survey to assess precise & certain treatment methods and showcase their results/success rates on your website and other digital media platforms.
Drug Rehab Marketing – Takeaway
Due to the increased stress & anxiety disorders, drug & substance usage has also increased in the USA, thus the demand for rehabilitation centers and treatment guides is very high. In a situation like this, using the correct drug rehab marketing strategies can drive quality leads to your practice!
One thing you must keep in your mind is that ranking algorithms are constantly changing and there’s no certain way to say which strategies will work the best for your practice. It is important that you remain consistent in whichever addiction treatment marketing strategies you are trying out and then stick with the ones that work best for you.