Search visibility plays a huge role in marketing! Have you ever observed that the products on the eye-level of a supermarket aisle are a bit too familiar?
That’s not because these products are too common, it’s simply because these marketers put a lot of money and effort into advertising these products and getting them to these *air quote* specific shelves.
The science behind this marketing strategy is that these items are in direct sight of the consumers and are more likely to be picked.
Simply put, they have higher search visibility.
Similarly, when you search for anything on google, you are most likely to click the top links, and if we stretch it a bit too far, maybe some others too…but that too only on the first page. And never on the second page.
True, isn’t it?
If you are interested in finding out the top secrets to ending up on Google’s first page, keep on reading!
Get Started For FREE
Get Started For FREE
What is Search Engine Visibility to be Exact?
In simple words, search engine visibility refers to the traffic or visitors that your website can receive if you are lucky enough to be ranked, making your way to the top search results or the first page of Google.
For instance, if your website or blog ranks second or third, the number of clicks you receive (by being in that position) will be your click-through rate or visibility score.
In short, by ranking higher, the more clicks you get, the more traffic you generate, and the more traffic you generate the higher your ROI gets and the higher… well this could go on forever, but you get the point.
For your business to thrive, search visibility is one way to go!
(Another way is giving us a shot! )
How do You Improve the Visibility of Your Content on Search Engines?
Moving on from what to how, let’s see why people always say “Content is King”.
Organic search visibility can play a huge role in making sure that your business gets noticed.
And you can do so by generating timeless content that even you’re proud of.
Luckily we’re going to take this bull by its horns and break down the explicit factors that can help your content rank.
Power Pages – The Magnetic Clickbait
What is a Power Page in SEO?
Power pages are psychological factor-based written pieces of blogs/articles, etc. that are created specifically for higher rankings on Google, and are most likely to fall in the Google three-pack (first 3 search results).
Such content tends to create more backlinks and media shares due to its E.A.T (Expertise, Authoritativeness & Trustworthiness) factor thus resulting in higher organic search visibility.
So, if you don’t know how to write power pages, well, this is your lucky day & don’t you dare take your eyes off, cause this could be the gospel that gets you there!
How do Search Engines Increase Visibility with Power Pages?
Just like a maternal instinct almost always knows which of your friends are good and loyal to you, Google can sense which content is actually helpful, meaningful, and lasting for the consumers.
Instead of cheating & finding ways around it, just adhere to its rules & you’ll win!
Here’s How You Can do That:
Rule # 1
- Your content should be a complete & comprehensive guide for the visitors. It should appear as though no one in the entire universe or even outer space knows this topic better than you do!
Rule # 2
- Length does not matter. What matters is quality!
Here’s a Breakdown of How You Can Achieve That:
- Utilization of specific keywords & LSI (what people are looking for/asking for related to your product/service)
- Gaining topical authority (becoming someone people would want to use as a source)
- Increasing sharability (do not solely rely on visitors, share your content as much as you can, wherever you can, and make sure people can share it too!)
- Producing intent-focused content.
Rule # 3
- Just because you’re smart, doesn’t mean everyone else is too. Your content should be simple, readable, and interesting enough that you don’t bore someone to death.
Rule # 4
- It’s always a good sign if the writer themselves would want to read their content again (not because they think very highly of themselves, but) because it would be a testimony of good writing.
Rule # 5
- As a majority of consumers use their cell phones & tablets these days, it is important that your content is accessible for all devices.
Rule # 6
- If your piece of writing is just another piece of writing of thoughts that already exist in the universe, you can only fool yourself, not Google. Try to be more creative and helpful. And most of all, don’t miss out on anything that would make your consumer check other pages (be a complete package).
Rule # 7
- Once you have written something, make sure to re-visit it to see if it could use an update. Content optimization makes sure that you stay on top.
Here’s an example, a mobile phone that doesn’t receive any updates gets thrown away, right? It gets replaced with one with new features and upgraded software, as is the case with video games. So if you manage to pull a remarkable job, make sure it stays that way so you can sustain your organic search visibility.
Remember the longer people tend to stay and read your content, the better it is!
BONUS TIPS FOR WRITING:
- You can use Quora to find out what people are asking, this can help you give insight into what people want to know, and what you can write on! The same is the case with LSI keywords.
- Use tools like Ahref and Ubersuggest to find keywords from the internet and your competitors.
- Try to create evergreen content that other sources would like to link to.
- Use graphs, infographics, research papers, and studies related to your content to build trust & authority. (look well researched)
Power Pages – A Goldmine for SEO
Power pages are important in SEO because they increase and maintain your SEO visibility score. (That’s what every single business wants & needs!)
If you somehow manage to create a power page, your website becomes a great source of backlinks for other businesses.
And it would not only build your brand image but also increase your customers’ trust. Voila!
Editorial Backlinks – Look good to feel good!
Just as all the ingredients come together to form the perfect stew, or something slightly more appetizing, all these content-writing techniques come together to make sure that you successfully advance your organic search visibility.
What are Editorial Links?
In simple terms, editorial links are referrals of your website/blog/podcast, etc from other websites.
Just as people call Messi the GOAT of football, Muhammad Ali the king of boxing, or Brian Dean the father of SEO they might call you or your content the best of *something*.
They might think that you are so good, it’s worth mentioning you!
Hold your horses, I’m getting to how you can actually successfully create editorial backlinks!
But first, it’s important to know,
What is their Role in SEO?
Editorial links play a huge, cherry-on-top with extra whipped cream, sprinkles, and gold dust, role when it comes to SEO!
- They create authority
- They help you get more traffic
- Your rankings get better
- Editorial links help you build rapport
- They increase brand awareness
- They are a great source of free marketing
How about that, huh?
Okay, here we go…
How do I Create an Editorial Backlink?
Do something that is worth mentioning!
Here’s a precise summary of how you can gain editorial backlinks to increase your search visibility.
- Produce power pages, and businesses will automatically assume that you’re the best!
- Again, use infographics, statistics, and authority backlinks (I’m talking about the big dogs like Yahoo, HIPPA, UN, etc!)
- Get interviewed. (Obviously, you’re going to have to do something BIG for it to happen, but you can also call in a favor.)
- Mention your competitor’s business (all in good taste, of course) and they might bring you up as a thankyou.
- Connect with content creators, authors, or publishers and try to have them mention your product/service.
- Create a viral challenge, or start an awareness campaign. You could tag famous celebrities to accept the challenge and proceed a certain amount to a charity (like the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Try to build a connection to wound up in a content round-up. A new research, a new study, a ground-breaking discovery, a new perspective, services with high success rates, and stuff like that.
- Lastly, you can also identify broken links from your competitor’s site, (you can use Ahref for that) and ask the link editors if they can be replaced with your website instead. (since you pointed them out, you might actually get it!)
Keep the ranks up and still focus on your business! But how?
Crowdsourcing – By the People, for the People!
What is Crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing refers to the process of gaining insights, reviews, testimonials & feedback from your clients that you can later use to perfect or upgrade your product/service. This can also lead you to gain quality editorial links!
Again, a great way to increase and retain your search visibility.
The origin of crowdsourcing can be traced back to 1714. And to this date, these tactics are utilized to connect with the target audience by offering incentives, sales, or special offers.
Benefits of Crowdsourcing:
- Crowdsourcing can lower your marketing costs.
- They can increase your brand awareness.
- You can share positive feedback on your website to gain customers’ trust.
- You can improve your existing products according to clients or create something entirely new that is already in demand. (Isn’t that a great idea?)
What are the different types of crowdsourcing?
Crowdsourcing has many types, the most important ones include:
- Crowd Wisdom (Opinion of the majority crowd)
- Crowd Voting (Selection by the crowd – when presented with multiple options)
- Crowd Creation (Asking the crowd to create something – this one can inspire new ideas)
Funnel-Based Content – Get down to business!
While the above-mentioned techniques refer to power pages, funnel-based content is more related to the structure of your content.
What is a funnel-based approach?
Just as funnels are used to transfer huge amounts of transferable solids and liquids through a smaller end, the funnel-based approach in content production or marketing refers to acquiring your prospective customers from a huge audience, educating them, enticing them, and finally converting them. (into a customer, just in case it wasn’t clear)
TOFU – (hungry much?)
Top-of-the-funnel content is all about attracting clients & creating awareness. If you fail to establish a connection with your visitor when he first lands on your site, you’re already one step behind.
To make sure this doesn’t happen, you can:
- Use entertaining content that has images, gifs, etc
- Utilize multiple resources by adding videos, audio, graphs, podcasts, etc.
- Use authority links, that people would recognize at a glance (again, big dogs!)
- Avoid long paragraphs so it increases the readability & skimability of your content.
Middle-of-funnel content refers to you making your point. Here, you get to target questions like:
- What is the issue?
- Why is there a gap?
- Discuss the consequences and appeal to their emotions.
- Support your claims.
- Share surveys, findings, research, case studies, etc.
Bottom-of-the-funnel content is where you get to take an action and close in on a conversion.
Here, you can tell your visitors:
- Why they should choose you?
- What special products are services you are offering? (which nobody else is)
- Share your success stories, client referrals, etc.
Adhering to a funnel-based content approach is a great way to make sure that you have said everything that you need to make your point, and that your client is able to make an informed decision!
Increase your search visibility with Marketing Wind & take on a robust approach to digital marketing!
A Word of Caution!
All of the above-mentioned tips and tricks have a very high chance that your content will rank.
However, do not dish out what you can not take.
Your effort can all end up in vain.
This is not a rhyme. That’s just how things are designed.
The bottom line, check this list to see if everything is aligned.
- Maybe your product is great, but it’s sitting in a dumpster. Get it? Maybe your content is worthy of a standing ovation or a golden buzzer, but if your website design sucks, nobody’s going to want to stay on.
- If you are not careful about choosing the right backlinks, your visitors might find your competitor more interesting than you! (He’ll surely be thankful, but you’ll be pissed!)
- Creating power pages and acquiring editorial backlinks can take up to several days. Not to mention you’ll have to hire a professional SEO content writer, who is also creative, and a graphic designer who can work wonders. ($$$)
- If you get into a habit of paying for your editorial links or hiring a new content writer each time, this timely fix will end up being costly and unworthy of trust for your website/business.
- Patience is key, checking your daily visibility rank every ten minutes will only increase your anxiety, not your rank.
Takeaway – 3 Ways to Advance Your Organic Search Visibility in 2023
As we share the web space with gazillions of other businesses, it really requires a lot of effort and hard work to get noticed.
It is difficult, yes. But not impossible!
However, if you feel like achieving something like this, alongside running your business, can be too strenuous, you can always opt for a digital marketing agency, like Marketing Wind, that can create power pages for you!
Did you find this article helpful?
Let us know in the comments below & feel free to share with other brilliant minds! Happy writing!