Get Started For FREE
Every single article you’ve read about healthcare conversion tips and tricks must’ve directed you towards the same common tactics like high-quality content creation, social media engagement, digital advertising, etc. And while these tactics might have been successful in bringing you leads, it doesn’t always mean these leads will reach the end of your conversion funnel. So what can you do differently? And how do all American healthcare marketing agencies ensure conversions? Let’s crack the code!
Table of Contents
Top 6 Conversion Practices Followed by Almost All American Healthcare Marketing Agencies
Before we unveil the top conversion practices observed by almost all American healthcare digital marketing agencies, let’s consider a few things.
Research suggests that depending on your medical specialty, you only have an estimated 3-5% chance of conversion. This is because patients in this age and era consider many things before making a simple decision, and the window for conversion is extremely small, and every detail matters!
Microsoft Research reports that people leave your homepage within 10 seconds if they need to connect immediately with your marketing messages.
Remember, ambiguity in your content, CTAs, website, or services strips away your chance of success, as patients prefer quick & convenient medical assistance, whether booking an appointment or making a purchase.
Now, back to the top 6 conversion practices followed by almost all American healthcare marketing companies.
1. Conversion-Boosting Web Designs & Landing Pages
Did you know it only takes consumers 50 milliseconds to form an opinion about your website? As all your digital marketing efforts lead patients to your website, website designs are one of the most crucial aspects for successful conversions.
Suppose your targeted ad has led a prospective patient to your website, and they have to fish for what they’re looking for or find it difficult to navigate your website or see a new CTA on every other page. In that case, you can wave them goodbye – probably forever.
Now what are the key drivers of a conversion-worthy website that healthcare digital marketing agencies religiously use?
- A user-friendly interface (UI) that encourages healthcare consumers to explore your websites/services further.
- A clear call-to-action (CTA) leads your leads to a desired action.
BIGGEST CTA BLUNDERS
- Using different colors for the same CTA on different pages.
- Using a CTA that leads to another desired action than stated, e.g., using the “Call Now” button to actually “Schedule an appointment.”
- Refrain from optimizing CTAs for mobile devices and tablets.
- Not performing A/B tests to identify the most impactful CTAs.
- A responsive website design (UX) that ensures a seamless experience across multiple devices and doesn’t bore visitors.
- An information-rich website that ensures your potential leads find everything from service details, pricing, and medical procedures to doctor qualifications & credentials. (This helps instill trust & credibility among potential patients and encourages them to take action.)
- Drafting optimized landing pages specifically designed for targeted campaigns and offer relevance & increased conversion potential. (Research suggests that companies with 40 or more landing pages can generate 12 times more leads than those with fewer than 5.)
- Inclusion of patient testimonials, success stories, and reviews.
7. As 67% of patients prefer booking appointments online, streamlining the appointment scheduling processes by creating easy-to-fill forms will also improve your conversion rates.
KEY TACTICS TO ENCOURAGE CONVERSIONS
Give your potential patients a chance to:
- Call directly from your ads
- Send a direct email for queries/concerns
- Copy and dial your number from their phones
- Contact you through social media platforms
Leverage what patients are most often looking for
- Insurance & service information
- Your exact location,
- working hours, and contact information
- Appointment availability
- Doctor & staff details
2. Utilizing The Power of Web Analytics for Optimized Medical Conversions
Believe it or not, all American healthcare digital marketing agencies rely on web analytics to perfect healthcare marketing strategies. These data-driven insights help you refine your marketing strategy to ensure the satisfaction of your potential patients.
Let’s take a look at how healthcare marketing companies utilize web analytics to promote medical conversions.
- Consumer experience is everything, and leveraging these data-driven insights to refine marketing strategy and optimize website designs and content by understanding patient preferences, needs, and pain points can do wonders! 64% of marketing executives believe that data-driven marketing is crucial for success!
- Track and analyze the conversion funnel! Use these insights to find where your potential patients back out and why. Optimizing such touchpoints can help hospitals, clinics, etc., significantly improve their conversion. For example, if your appointment page has high bounce rates, try to make it more simple & easy to fill.
- Evaluate the performance of your content by tracking page views, time spent on each page, bounce rates, etc., to improve your content strategy. According to HubSpot, businesses that blog regularly experience 126% higher lead growth than those that don’t. Since Google receives more than 1 billion medical queries daily, that’s a great opportunity you’re sitting on!
- Leverage visitors’ demographic and behavioral data to create a highly targeted marketing campaign. You can also send personalized emails to specific patient segments, prominently boosting your conversions.
- While you’re at it, remember mobile optimization insights, which are extremely important given mobile usage.
Lastly, to refine everything mentioned above, go with A/B testing & Multivariate testing, as this iterative approach can improve conversions.
3. The Impact of Content Marketing on Medical Conversions
Creating quality content for the healthcare industry is an art, as you have to attract, retain, educate, inform, and engage potential patients by simplifying complicated stuff. Here’s a simple example. Which of these headlines are you more attracted to?
“Expert Dental Care for a Healthy Smile” VS “Say Cheese & Unleash That Mega-Watt Smile with Confidence!”
Apart from just drafting attention-grabbing content, as a medical practitioner, you must ensure your content is optimized for search engines and can rank for competitive keywords.
If your content remains highly effective in educating and informing patients, you establish trust & credibility and showcase expertise in your profession, ultimately increasing medical conversions.
Now how do almost all American healthcare digital marketing agencies create rank-worthy content? Here are some insights to get you started!
- Invest your time in creating informational, factual, and educational content through power pages, blogs, articles, videos, infographics, etc.
- Based on your target demographics, you can address common or rising health issues, explain medical procedures, and offer tips for maintaining good health. Take WebMD, for example, which has now become one of the top healthcare websites for producing user-centric medical content.
- Optimize your content for mobile devices, perform on-page optimizations, including compelling meta titles & descriptions, incorporate internal and external links, add descriptive and keyword-rich headings & subheadings, and optimize your images with alt tags.
- Focus on the readability & immobility of your content, as 59% of people only read a post for 15 seconds or less!
✅Builds trust & credibility in your practice
✅Showcases your expertise & experience
✅Sharing patient success stories can build confidence & increase loyalty
✅Increased organic search visibility & traffic
✅Increased appointment scheduling, consultations, etc.
Remember, when it comes to utilizing content for medical conversions, factors such as the quality of the content, your target audience, and the market’s competitiveness play a huge role. You can always hire a healthcare marketing agency to ensure perfection if you need a hand.
4. The Potential of PPC Advertising on Medical Conversions
According to Blue Corona, 75% of people say that paid search ads make it easier to find the information they need while searching online, and given that Google ads have become one of the most popular ways to generate leads, almost all American healthcare marketing agencies are leveraging pay-per-clicks to increase conversions.
How do pay-per-clicks work? PPC ads target specific keywords, demographics, and locations, ensuring your ads reach the target audience most likely to convert. These ads can be potent for driving medical conversions, especially when your campaigns demonstrate competitiveness, showcase quality, and deliver a positive landing page experience.
PPC PRACTICES THAT WORK
- Conduct comprehensive keyword research & target long-tail keywords.
- Draft an engaging & persuasive ad copy with clear CTAs like this: Reclaim your vision with 20% off on Comprehensive Eye Exam! Schedule an appointment before it’s too late!
- Utilize your unique selling proposition (USP)
- Include benefits & incentives.
- Create targeted ad groups for the relevant audience & relative landing pages.
- Utilize ad extensions such as site links, call extensions, and snippets.
- Be regular in monitoring and adjusting your ad bids.
- Optimize your ads with A/B testing.
- Implement conversion tracking to keep a check on things.
TOP BENEFITS OF EFFECTIVE PPC CAMPAIGNS
✅Immediate visibility for potential patients actively seeking medical information/solutions.
✅Increased chances of clicks, impressions & conversions
✅Measure the effectiveness of your ads with robust analytics and tracking tools
✅A chance to refine your marketing strategy
✅Cost-effective ad campaigns
5. Boosting Conversions with Personalized Emails
When leveraging emails to increase conversions, the first and foremost consideration is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Probability and Accountability Act) compliance, and everything comes after that! Let’s examine how almost all American healthcare marketing agencies utilize email marketing.
- Segment the audience based on demographics, medical conditions, location, and interest.
- Draft personalized messages based on the target audience & their needs.
- Set up drip campaigns to remind patients about their appointments, your services, prices, updates, etc. (Remember, sending the right email at the right time is key here. For example, sending an email reminder to get a flu shot during the cold season OR sending a reminder to visit the hospital/clinic for a checkup during allergy season, etc.)
- Adding a prominent and visually appealing CTA (e.g., book an appointment, call now, download a resource, sign up for discounts/newsletters, etc.)
- Be mindful of mobile-friendly emails that are easy to read & navigate on small screens.
And as usual, you can utilize A/B tests and tracking & analyzing tools to monitor metrics like open rates, click-through rates, engagement & conversion rates to optimize your email marketing strategy and efforts.
✅Reach out to your target audience directly & cost-effectively
✅Promote services (health screenings, vaccination drives, specialty clinics, or wellness programs)
✅Pique their interest by sharing updates (such as new treatments, advancements in medical technology, or preventive care guidelines)
✅Become a trusted source for the latest news
✅Increased web traffic
✅Stronger relationships with patients
6. CRO - Final Nail in The Proverbial Coffin
Lastly, we have CRO marketing, aka conversion rate optimization marketing. CRO marketing involves a thorough audit of your websites, and it can identify the areas for improvement. (Optimizing CTAs, simplifying admission forms, improving page layouts/designs, enhancing user experience/visuals, etc.)
Incorporating conversion rate optimizations in your healthcare marketing strategy can initiate a seamless patient journey on your website, thus encouraging conversions.
Takeaway - Top 6 Conversion Practices Followed by Almost All American Healthcare Marketing Agencies
Healthcare marketing poses a dynamic landscape with a diverse target audience, and developing a strategy that works for all is a mountain only some can climb. However, following these top conversion practices that almost all American healthcare marketing agencies rely on can bring you many steps closer to your desired conversion goals!
Marketing Wind has been a result-oriented healthcare marketing agency in the industry for over ten years. Whether bringing in thousands of new leads with $Ad spend, boosting online web traffic, or creating HARO backlinks, we’ve done it all and more! And we’re confident that our advanced healthcare marketing strategies can help you too! Schedule a meeting with one of our experts to learn more!