Medical advertisers are marketing experts that have a lot of knowledge about the healthcare industry regulations, data analytics, SEO-based educational content development, and the latest tools, technology & trends.
All of these play a crucial role in helping healthcare providers attract new patients and retain existing ones, something which has become extremely challenging due to the continuous advancement of the marketing environment, high costs, and lack of patient care in recent years.
Table of Contents
What Is Medical Advertisement and How Does It Help Healthcare Providers?
In simple terms, medical advertisement is the strategic publicity of healthcare organizations, and their services or products with the utilization of various trending marketing techniques such as targeted ads, targeted content, SEO, CRO, emails, etc. These advanced marketing strategies and medical advertisements help caregivers to educate healthcare consumers in a way that builds trust and loyalty, thus strengthening their brand name. Moreover, medical advertising can actually differentiate you from your competitors and target your audience in a much more proficient way, thus leading to increased revenue and profitability.
Top 5 Ways How Medical Advertisers Can Boost Your Patient Acquisition & Retention
Medical advertisers have the knowledge and expertise that can help them develop successful marketing strategies which lead healthcare providers to increase their patient acquisition & retention. Let’s take a look at the top 5 ways how medical advertisers can boost your patient acquisition and retention.
1. Leveraging Targeted Advertising
Medical advertisers can strategically leverage your target audience to make sure they never lose interest in your products/services and can even help you reach more consumers, more effectively. This requires analyzing your target audience by identifying the demographics, behaviors, needs, and preferences to create more effective ad campaigns for your organization. Let’s take a look at how it’s done!
Social Media Advertising
Based on the analyzed data (demographics, interests, patterns, and medical conditions), the advanced targeting options on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn lets medical advertisers reach your ideal patients, which is a huge plus! This also includes retargeting tactics to reach people who have already interacted with your website & social media platforms thus increasing the chances of converting them into patients twofold!
Medical advertisers can use PPC advertisement platforms like Google Ads and Bing Ads that offer advanced targeting options to make sure they reach the right audience at the right time. Here’s how they make your ad campaigns effective!
- Identifying the right keywords – These high volume & low competition keywords make sure you’re easy to find.
- Creating compelling ad copy – Appealing, and informative ad copy with a clear and concise message, attention-grabbing headlines, and enticing visuals are a great way to get the attention of your consumers! (And, it works!)
- Utilizing ad extensions – Using ad extensions such as location, call, and site link extensions encourages your potential patients to take immediate action. (And, they do!)
- Consistent Testing & Optimizing of ad campaigns – These experts make sure to regularly test and optimize your PPC campaigns by tracking KPIs, CTRs, CPCs, and conversion rates to ensure adjustments can be made properly so that you get the best results. (And, you do!)
2) Harnessing the Power of Social Media Marketing
According to a study by NCBI, around 40% of healthcare consumers utilize social media platforms to gain medical assistance or find healthcare information, in fact, it is no news that social media played a huge role in educating the audience during the Covid pandemic. Keeping this in mind, medical advertisers can use the power of social media marketing to attract, educate, entertain, and retain potential patients. Let’s take a look at what elements are considered important by healthcare marketing experts in utilizing social media for active response.
- Creation of informative content – Educating audience about healthcare topics, extracting meaningful stats from research studies, utilizing enticing visuals, infographics, sharing informational blog posts, and videos to build authority among the masses and become a go-to source for their followers.
- Actively engage with patients – Medical advertisers engage with your patients and followers, by responding to their messages & comments in a helpful way. They also handle negative remarks and create a stronger bond of trust with your audience.
- Highlighting patient success stories – Positive reviews and testimonials are a great way to grasp the attention of potential healthcare consumers and work as a huge motivation.
- Using influencer market – When medical advertisers collaborate with social media influencers who already have a large fan following it can help increase brand awareness and build trust with potential patients as well.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends – Whenever your healthcare advertising is coherent with the latest trends and changes to social media algorithms, it ensures that you stay ahead of the competition and provides consumers with what they’re looking for thus making you look good!
3)Search Engine Optimization – SEO
A medical advertising agency knows that search engine optimization (SEO) requires a lot more than just the regular stuff, which is why they make sure to cater to all the nitty gritty which ensures that your patients find you more efficiently. Here’s how they do it!
- On-page/off-page Optimization – This makes the HTML code & content of your healthcare website more search engine friendly. This includes optimizing metadata, building quality backlinks, improving the domain authority of your website, and increasing its search visibility.
- Keyword Research & Optimization – Conducting keyword research means your medical advertisers can find the right keywords and phrases that your potential patients are searching for. This helps them identify the most relevant, high-volume keywords related to your product/service/area which is then strategically incorporated into your website’s content and meta tags.
- Content Optimization – Expert healthcare marketing agencies make sure to create valuable content that is relevant and informational to the target audience. This includes high-volume, keyword-rich blog posts, articles, social media content, etc that attracts an audience to your medical website and turns you into an authority figure over time.
- Technical Optimization & CRO – which improves the technical aspects of your medical website including its page load speed, mobile-friendliness, graphics, crawlability, etc.
- Analytics and Tracking – This revolves around measuring and analyzing the key metrics of your website such as traffic, rankings, and conversion rates which help in making data-driven optimizations.
4) Maximizing Reach with Email Marketing
According to Invesp, email marketing is the most effective channel for healthcare organizations that helps them reach their patients and provides a 66% conversion rate! That said, a properly executed email marketing campaign not only helps organizations build stronger relationships with their audiences but also promotes their services, allows direct communication, and proves as the perfect educational resource!
These emails can boost the response from referral programs as well as promotional ones by including information and incentives for patients who refer your services to others. Moreover, email marketing allows you to reach a wider audience more proficiently allowing you to increase patient engagement!
Healthcare Email Marketing Practices Ensured by Expert Medical Advertisers Like Marketing Wind
✓ Building a targeted email list
✓ Segmenting the said list based on demographics
✓ Drafting an eye-catching subject line
✓ Personalizing your emails for higher open rates & CTRs
✓ Including a clear call to action (for scheduling an appointment/signing up/or purchasing)
✓ Consistent testing, monitoring, and optimizing email campaigns for the best results
✓ Ensure compliance with regulations like CAN-SPAM Act
5) Video Marketing
Video marketing in the year 2023 has become one of the best ways for lead generation as well as increasing brand awareness, in fact, you can call it inexorable seeing how effective and in demand it has become. Visual marketing in healthcare is an extremely powerful tool that can help your consumers connect with you on a ground level and healthcare marketing experts can help you achieve that! And they do it by ensuring that the visual content is highly focused on education and awareness, as consumers’ attention span is short. In addition to educational content, these videos also include patients’ success stories. Moreover, they ensure accessibility from multiple devices and are created keeping in mind privacy regulations by the governing bodies.
As more and more people are using the internet to seek medical assistance, find healthcare providers, and search for health-related information, it is the best place to advertise your medical products & services. Medical advertising through digital means and channels such as social media, search engines, and email marketing allows caregivers to reach their target audience more efficiently, increase their visibility, and most of all drive positive revenue!
✓ Personalized Advertisement
✓ Local Seo & Voice Search Optimization
✓ Social Media Marketing
✓ Patient Engagement via VR & Metaverse
✓ Telehealth & Video Marketing
Takeaway – Top 5 Ways How Medical Advertisers Can Boost Your Patient Acquisition & Retention
By implementing effective marketing strategies, medical advertisers can help healthcare providers increase patient acquisition, improve patient retention, and ultimately grow their business. Additionally, a medical advertising agency can help healthcare providers stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and technologies, and provide them with the expertise and resources they need to achieve their marketing goals!